In a world that constantly reminds us of the challenges of marriage, we often forget an important component to any healthy marriage…
It should be fun!
When an athlete stops finding enjoyment in his or her sport, they often quit the team. If couples aren’t having fun in their marriage, they are more likely to give up. Having fun with your spouse is the key to a long-lasting relationship you actually enjoy being in.
To boost the fun factor in your marriage, try these quick tips:
- Celebrate big and small events and successes. When we ignore the positive milestones in our lives, it’s easy to feel dull, unengaged, or unexcited.
- Find a common interest and serve together, whether in church or in your community.
- Plan a getaway or have a “stay-cation”. Decide what’s affordable for you, and set a date. Maybe what you’re missing is a little alone time to enjoy each other’s company!
- Surprise your spouse. You’ll find planning a surprise might be just as enjoyable and exciting as receiving one.
- Don’t forget your hobbies. Just because you’re married, doesn’t mean you can’t have activities you enjoy on your own in a healthy way.
- Laugh together. Whatever outlet you and your spouse prefer–comedian, funny movies, a silly board game–let loose and allow laughter to be present in your marriage.
- Family Game Night. If you don’t have children or nearby family, grab your friends and plan a Game Night periodically with them.
Put More Fun in Your Marriage – The Christian Broadcasting Network